Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Finals Week Musings

I've pretty much finished my finals - except for one more tomorrow. It turns out that I am better at school than I thought. This is wonderful. Amid my sporadic studying and frequent study breaks, I have been planning my Five-Year Plan. I'm not really sure exactly what I'll be doing, but it will involve more schooling -- which I'm apparently good at.

Spring break is so close ... it will mainly consist of my best friend and I drinking coffee from morning to night at Starbucks on the first day (I'll be drinking decaf, it's sad, I know) and then visiting our cool urban friends in the city later in the week. I miss high school, even though I hated it 90% of the time I was there. All the admistrators at East relived their high school days through us, and it was sad. It was especially sad when I saw Dr. Wolfe at the prom three years in a row. It is comforting to know that the only people I liked in high school mostly live and go to school in Chicago.

I started to make a list of things to get done/learn over break. Some of it is pretty standard like filling out forms (France!) and practicing scales and the other stuff is just learning things that I never had time for this quarter. Fourier transforms for my independent study next quarter, Photoshop, making tile mosaics. I also need to buy a lot of things ... which i need money for ... I keep a list of things I need to get on my computer at all times, and a separate list for albums. The two albums that I'll buy for this month are: Brian Eno Before and After Science and The Books The Lemon of Pink. I also want to find answers to the following questions:

What is the purpose of government?
How does the stock market work?
What is space?

Hopefully, I can get all of these things done in one week. I don't know ... life is too short.

Photo via artinpop

No comments:

Post a Comment