Today I went to lunch with Kachiu. I woke up at 9, took the shuttle at 10, got here (the med school) at 11, studied mat sci for a half hour and then ate at a cafe across the street with her. We met her friend Matt, who did programming for a radiologist for two years before he started med school here. He just happened to be at Harvard undergrad and then took 2 years of night classes at his alma mater to prepare for med school - impressive! Kachiu is doing the MD/MPH program here, and she doesn't really want to become a practicing doctor. She's working in the quarantine division of O'Hare this summer, super cool. She said that I should consider getting a parking permit to drive down here this summer, since the shuttle may not run. I will look into it. I'm really excited for the summer, when I will start my job search. I may schedule some interviews for my upcoming trip with Alex out east.
Yesterday was the "Evening O' Skits" for the German department. Tyler and I performed our skit, and most of the German department was there. One teacher told me that I was a "geborene Schauspielerin". I was born to be an actress, who knew? I started talking to this guy Dan in my class a little more, after our 2-hour-long coffee. I guess he'll be here in the summer too - good times. Time to go back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment