I'm pretty much living an ideal Monday right now. I had class until 2 and then came home and attempted to enrich my mind with turned out to be some terrible literature ( The Fountainhead ) and great music (WNUR - rated the #1 college station in the country by the spectacular SPIN Magazine). I call this an "ideal" Monday because I rarely get to do this on normal Mondays. I am usually flustered with classes and keeping up with the fast pace of college life.
I always feel bad about reading books that I should really have read five years ago. By my standards, I should have read all of Ayn Rand's books by the end of high school, all of Kurt Vonnegut's books, and basically every other notable work of literature. Currently, I should be writing a thesis on the harmony and discord of the foilable characters in Tolstoy's and Dostoevsky's novels and how they oppose Marxist philosophies. I'd better get on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment