Friday, April 16, 2004

Another Pixies Show ...

Kim Deal/peoples-history.com

I am sitting in the tech labs right now, and I just checked my email. What did I find? Another Pixies show is scheduled for Tuesday, and the tickets go on sale this Saturday. Hmm. Was it fortuitous that I bought two tickets for the Saturday show on eBay for $200 in the few minutes before I found out about the Sunday and Monday shows and then bought tickets for the Monday show but was still left as the highest bidder for the Saturday show when the bidding closed? Or was it misfortune?? The Pixies are really going to make a lot of money off of Chicago; I can tell you that much. Perhaps seeing the Pixies on opening night justifies the seething $200 hole in my pocket. Well, I guess nice_seats_22 will be making money off of me instead of the legendary band. That lucky bastard.

It was a rather nice day yesterday. Perfect jogging weather. I miss cross country days in high school. All the athletes would congregate in front of the girls' locker room, a place that sort of looked like a bomb shelter. We all had our huge backpacks, athletic bags, shoes hanging from our shoulder straps and sometimes instruments. Mike Sinon used to carry a Tropicana bag, and I would always think - how cool is that? How did I find all the time to do all that? I remember being more stressed out in high school than I am now. But it was a good kind of stress. C'est la vie ...

Photo courtesy of Renaud Revel of lexpress.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment