Annie Liebovitz for US Vogue June 2010
How to Destroy Angels, How to Destroy Angels EP, 2010
1st track - Voice is female - This is his Dutch wife, Mariqueen Maandig?
2nd track - Where is Reznor? Sad face.
2nd track - Where is Reznor? Sad face.
3rd "Fur-Lined" - Vocals seem phoned in à la Puff Daddy. Kept hearing, "You are the perfect drug, the perfect drug," even though the actual lyrics were, "Once again and again and again."
4th "BBB" - This track is hip-hoppy and clubby and a throwback to Benny Benassi.
5th - The cowbell stands out, but I have not yet heard Reznor.
5th - The cowbell stands out, but I have not yet heard Reznor.
Last one - The NIN-characteristic whispering and chkchk sounds are constant. It's Portishead-esque, when she repeats, "I'm drowning, I'm drowning."
She & Him, Volume Two, 2010
1. "Thieves" - The background music reminds me of Yo La Tengo. Beautiful. Mellifluous. This one stays with you after you stop listening.
2. "In the Sun" - has a rocking bass line.
6. "Me and You" - The lyrics, "You gotta be kind to yourself/you gotta be kind to yourself," lend themselves to leaving the singer construed as June of Johnny Cash fame.
8. "Home" - Pavement "Spit on a Stranger"
2. "In the Sun" - has a rocking bass line.
6. "Me and You" - The lyrics, "You gotta be kind to yourself/you gotta be kind to yourself," lend themselves to leaving the singer construed as June of Johnny Cash fame.
8. "Home" - Pavement "Spit on a Stranger"
In general, I got lost in the "ooohs" and "ahhs".
Last one: "If You can't Sleep" - Ah, Julie Andrews.
Lucinda Williams, West, 2007
Lucinda Williams, West, 2007
Every 10 minutes or so, I needed to refer to the CD booklet to verify that no, Sheryl Crow did not collaborate vocals on the record.
The track, "Unsuffer Me" - Channeling Patti Smith's gritty emotional backdrop.
The track, "Unsuffer Me" - Channeling Patti Smith's gritty emotional backdrop.

No comments:
Post a Comment